General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

Smell of gas outside near footpath at the front of my home & neighbours home,

Switched-on

For a few weeks we have been getting a gas smell near the front of our home & my neighbours. When we go to our gas meters there’s no smell. But towards the foot path it’s very strong. People walking by have noticed too. Can someone come out to see if there’s a leak near the footpath area. We are getting very concerned as it’s getting stronger. Oran park 2570 nsw

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Smell of gas outside near footpath at the front of my home & neighbours home,

AGL Moderator

Hey CR7,

Thank you for reaching out!

To report this leak and have an emergency crew attend to it, you'll need to contact Jemena's faults and emergencies team on 131 909. For more information and contact details for other states, see this article on what to do if there is a gas leak.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Re: Smell of gas outside near footpath at the front of my home & neighbours home,

Switched-on

A man came , took a reading, marked the spot of the leak, & said someone would come out within a week to fix the problem.

no one hS come out to fix it and it’s smells bad on the foot path.

this foot path is used by parents, with kids & babies in strollers and we live 1 street away from a public school. 

School starts tomorrow and all these people as well as us , are still waiting for it to be fixed, & the  smell is strong. 

AGL Moderator

Hey CR7,

Thanks for the update!

It's important that you're providing this information to Jemena if you haven't already as they are responsible for repairing this leak. 

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.