General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

School visits / talks

Switched-on

I teach in a primary school in Willoughby, NSW. I want the children (year 4) to understand how to read power and gas bills. My main focus is on electricity. Ideally they would understand what a watt/kilowatt is and how electricity is measured. The view is they can then weight up the costs of running a fan to say a wall mounted air conditioner and other energy devices in a home. This links in with maths calculations and problem solving. Does the AGL provide any such service where you send your people to educate novices? Can someone recommend a spokesperson who would happily chat for 30 minutes to children on said topic? Thanks, Howard  

1 REPLY 1

Re: School visits / talks

AGL Moderator

Hey Howard,

Thank you for getting in touch!

At this point in time, I'm sorry to say that we do not offer a service where an AGL representative can come out to discuss retail energy, although this would be a great tool to have!

In the meantime, I'm happy to direct you to a number of our online resources which may be helpful:

Your Energy Bill Explained

Understanding Your Bill

Energy Saving Tips

How To Read Your Meter

Hopefully these help!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.