General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Scam Email?

Switched-on

I received an email recently stating that AGL was starting a Rewards scheme; it had a button to press for a link.  Is this a genuine AGL email or is it a scam.  I didn't want to activate the link until I knew

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Scam Email?

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @Pansy, AGL does have a rewards program although it has not been recently established. Happy to confirm that the email is legitimate - send me a private message here with a screenshot of the email.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!

Re: Scam Email?

Powerhouse

Hi Pansy,

Your one clever person, most today just blindly click away and wonder where their latest trojan or worse came from, I have made it a point and I hope all those wwo read this think on, never ever click on anything from an email, if in doubt either do as you have done or, go to that website first and search in there for the subject matter, one scam email can really upset your day and often it's costly to fix, well done!!

AGL have had a rewards offer for quite a while so that would make me suspicious but I'm sure AGL will now verify for you.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.