General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

Power usage

Switched-on

my power was off this last friday 2nov. due to electrical storm for 8hrs yet my meter reading was showing  it was still using power  how can this be when no appliances in the house where working ?   i was charged for the 8 hrs of no power.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Power usage

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi ronitis, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us. 

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had with your power being out. As no power is being used, the meter shouldn't have been registering any readings showing usage. 

We'd like to have a closer look at your account and ask if you could send us a private message with your account details for further assistance. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards, 

Le

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Re: Power usage

Switched-on

gundars the tech's are coming  in next 10 days   the digital meter is not reading at the house but usage is being shown on the agl computor site. the power was off for 8hrs but it was shown as power was still being used how can this be?  we did not have any utilities workingin the house for this period of time.   yet i was charged for electricity usage.