General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Paying bill via Amex credit card

Switched-on

Hello Sir,

I have been trying to save my Amex credit card as direct credit.  However, somehow there is error and cannot save the card.

Is there any trouble using Amex?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Paying bill via Amex credit card

AGL Moderator

Hi Keiko,

Thank you for your post!

Unfortunately you can not use an American Express card to set up a direct debit, just Mastercard and Visa. You can find our more about paying your bills online here: Can I pay my bill online?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Hi 

I'm with Amaysim, now they're no longer sell Electricity and gas and it's been transferred to AGL.

I got my last bill with Amaysim and below extract email from AGL. 

I have direct debit from Amex, how it will happen then?

Thanks

Extract email:

"We are in the process of moving your direct debit details over to us from amaysim and expect to have this completed by the end of January 2021.

In the meantime, if you receive a bill - you don’t have to do anything. The payment for your account balance will be processed after direct debit details have been updated on your account. Don’t worry, your pay on time discount will still be applied to your bill.

Tags (2)

AGL Moderator

Hi Chau, Sorry for the confusion this has caused. AGL don't offer AMEX as a payment option sorry, so these details would not be moved across. If you would still like a direct debit on the account you can arrange this here or via My Account.