General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Off Peak

Conductor

Hi,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

after receiving a horrendously large bill after some dodge guesstimates previously I have learned that my rental property is only set up for Peak 😱

I had no idea (as my bills thus far have been manageable).

I am desperately wanting to get an off peak meter installed but have done some googling and can't really get a straight answer.

I am happy to wear the cost personally if it will help me out in the long run....

Thank you.

Nik7

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Off Peak

AGL Moderator

Hey Nik7,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your meter configuration!

So that I'm able to provide with relevant information, could I please confirm your post code, and whether or not there is a supply of natural gas to your property?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Tags (2)

Conductor

Hi Jayden,

thank you for your prompt reply, however I have managed to organise a time of use meter to be organised through AGL's new account service.

Kind Regards,

Nik7

AGL Moderator

Hi, Nik7!

Glad to hear that our customer service teams have been able to arrange this for you, what a fantastic outcome!

Cheers,

Jayden

Switched-on

I would like to know the times for

peak

peak next

for gas &  electricity

S.A Times please

AGL Moderator

Hi 12341234,

Welcome to the community!

This information varies on a property to property basis. To ensure that you're getting the information that is correct for you, we suggest that you touch base with our web chat team at www.aglener.gy/ChatCom, who'll be more than happy to assist you further!

Kind regards,

Jayden

Conductor

This link may help.... copy and paste into your browser.

https://www.agl.com.au/-/media/AGL/Residential/Documents/Regulatory/2017/2017-MY-PCP---AGL-SA-elec-w...

Sent from my iPhone

Tags (2)

Semiconductor

I am trying to discover how it's possible to take advantage of off peak electricity prices?  As far as I can see from our bills we are only charged at peak rates.  Is there something that we need to do with our smart meter - if it is that? - or do we need to request to be placed on a different plan?  It would be helpful to know this sort of information and have it easily provided to customers without having to go searching everywhere for it.  If anyone can help that would be most appreciated.  We live in Victoria, Chirnside Park 3116.

Conductor

Hi Glendamaree,

I am not too sure about Victoria as I’m in NSW but I ended up ringing and asking for a time of use meter be organised through AGL's new account service.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

nik7

Semiconductor

Thanks nik7, I will make a call and see what is available in Victoria.  Whether it will mean a saving for us I don't know - I do know it works well in NZ so presume it would here as well.  The only difference being over there that everyone has that automatically and they don't have to request it!  Seems a better way to go to me 🙂

Glendamaree