General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

New Meter

Drop in

I was told 28 business days ago that AGL will swap out my meter within 30 business days.

I called 4 weeks in, and was told all is good and it will be done within 30 business days.

We are on business day 28 and I called to find out what is going on and apparently it wont be done within 30 business days.

I don’t think your organisation understands how to use numbers. You said 30 days. This is an explicit number that is supposed to mean something. If you meant 3000 then say 3000.

Now I understand numbers. Every quarter you bill me $500 for electricity and $450 for gas. Guess what, I pay you $500 for electricity and $450 for gas. That’s how I use numbers and my numbers are much bigger than yours.

JOB 32 03 97 197

6 REPLIES

Re: New Meter

Hey FrancisTony,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We're aware that metering coordinators are currently experiencing significant delays in completing their works orders. This has subsequently caused a considerable discrepancy between the time frames quoted by AGL versus the true time frame in which these jobs will be completed by the metering coordinator.

We'd like to take this opportunity to apologise for this poor experience, and let you know that you can contact our Digital Metering team on 1300 669 245 or in writing at digitalmetering@agl.com.au if you require further assistance down the track.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Newcomer

that's nothing. Ws promised last year an installation for Feb and still nothing 

Drop in

Is that because you also had a solar system put in?

I would imagine that its in AGL's interest to delay as much as possible. Every day is another day of electricity they can charge. Multiply that by thousands and it adds millions over the year.

So much for their environmental responsibility as they are not really interested in renewable when its owned by the customer and impacts their bottom line.

Drop in

Thanks Jayden,

That is the number I have been calling. It is a waste of time calling it and being told there are delays as it does not provided me with any additional information.

I run a business so I know there can be unexpected delays (and I know it has nothing to do with you), but AGL faults should not cost your customer. Yesterday, 13/4/2018 it hit 30 days and from today on wards, AGL should only bill me the daily connection fee until this is sorted. Then you can delay as long as you like.

Otherwise I am taking my two personal accounts and my business account somewhere else. That's the way a free market should work.

Newcomer

Francis, I had solar panel installed Feb 1, and notified AGL Feb 2, I was told it would happen in 27 days, today is April 17, I had the new meter installed yesterday after many phone calls, it took 1/2 hr.

They removed my old meter which is different to others in our complex, where they had a new digital meter installed and the old meter was left there?

Bob

Drop in

Hi bmcelveney, I will post how I go getting my bills reduced to supply fee only. You should be able to claim a similar amount for their 6 week delay. It may only be a few hundred dollars but there is a principle involved and the lack of information is even worse. These are the guys that charge me a fee if I am a day late paying my bills.