General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

Mark Enzinger, GM Energy Market Operations

Semiconductor

I received the following, which is an extract from a letter:

agl.png

I wanted to take up the option of the refund and as it said they are there 24/7 to help, I called at 6:30 AM and was told that it cannot be done because department that can do it start at 8:00 AM.

I called back at 8:30 AM and this time was told it cannot be done because there is a hold/lock on the money.

I called back at 9:00 AM to the complaints department and was told I can only get a portion of the total refund and would have to wait for the rest.

A nice way to fustrate your customers Mr Enzinger. Perhaps you should familiarise yourself of your own processes and procedures before signing a letter in future, afterall, you are supposedly the GM Energy Market Operations.

I would have expected it to go like this on the first phone call:

1. Verify my details

2. Ask for my bank details

3. Advise that funds will be transferred straight away

It really is as simple as 1, 2, 3 but that is not what I experienced. In fact, I was told by the complaints person that he will try and sort it out by the close of business the following day.

What a joke AGL and its managers are.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Mark Enzinger, GM Energy Market Operations

AGL Moderator

Hey _dp_,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this incident to our attention, and we're sorry to hear that you've had such a frustrating experience with our customer service team. This process should be just as simple as you've suggested and we'll be sure to take a look into why this was not the case for you.

If there is anything that we can do to help down the track, you're always very welcome to get in touch with our web chat team here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

UPDATE: The refund amount is for $342.00

When I spoke to Nick in complaints, I was told that he could refund $143.00 right away and the remainder by close of business today.

Well, in the bank account this morning was $93.20 ... what happened with the other $49.80 Nick?

I would have thought that a company such as AGL would not have a problem refunding the full $342.00 in one go but to add insult, they don't even refund the amount possible as mentioned by Nick from complaints.

Incompetence is what I call this and this was evidenced by receiving another ammended electricity bill this morning which is no different to the last ammended electricity bill which I received a week earlier.

For anyone thinking of dealing with AGL, think twice as this could be happening to you soon also ..... FUSTRATION!

Highlighted

Semiconductor

UPDATE: Refund received

Not sure what Nick from complaints was looking at or listening to but it wasn't the original letter received or to me on the phone as the total refund I received was $432.40 which is definitely not $342.00.

Perhaps AGL would do well to buy their employees a calculator or spend some money on reading/listening training because if this type of error is a common occurrence, then AGL must be haemorrhaging money. I'm sure the shareholders would have something to say about this.

As mentioned already, just a sign of sheer incompetence and I will now stop trying to figure out how Nick came up with an arbitrary dollar value but what I do know for sure, he has now put me behind as far as the bill smoothing is concerned. It was in credit and now thanks to Nick, it is behind.

Well done Nick, you are a customer complaints champion. (sarcasm intended)