General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

LED Lights with Dimmers - Flickers at 9:13pm winter time. 10:13pm summertime

KV
Rookie

Hi,

We have a new home (moved in May 2018) with LED lights. We installed dimmer rotary switch (same brand as LED lights). Once the dimmer switch was installed our lights would start to flicker at 9:13pm (winter) and 10:13 summer (daylight savings). Adjusting dimmer to low or full does not make a difference.

I am wondering if this is due to the switching signal sent out to control peak/off peak, turn equipment on/off.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there anything which AGL can do with my current meter to stop this from occurring?

Thanks,

1 REPLY

Re: LED Lights with Dimmers - Flickers at 9:13pm winter time. 10:13pm summertime

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi KV, 

Thank you for joining our community!

We would suggest contacting the people who installed these lights or the company you purchased them from as it shouldn't be flickering like this. 

It's rare that the cause of this would be your meter unless other appliances in the property are affected also.

Kind regards,

Le

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.