General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted
Visitor

How to request a digital meter online in Qld

Hi I live in Brisbane Qld and want to replace the existing solar meter and off peak meter with a digital meter installed on my property so I can lock the side gate. I rang AGL helpdesk who then put me on to a national AGL team. They told me to fill in the form on the Energex website but it only seemed suitable for a contractor. Rang Energex and they informed me AGL as the retailer own and install the meter. Don’t want to spend more time on the phone - is there an easy way to do this. Thx

2 REPLIES

Re: How to request a digital meter online in Qld

Hi @Benjy

Sounds like you've had a bit of a run around here. What I'll do is assign this post to one of our moderators who can provide you with more information on what the next steps are in getting this sorted out. They will get either respond here or pop you a private message as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Re: How to request a digital meter online in Qld

Hey benjy,

Thank you for your post!

It is correct that all meter upgrades can be handled by your retailer, and we apologise that you were advised otherwise. If you don't want to call AGL, we encourage you to get in touch with our Digital Metering team at digitalmetering@agl.com.au.

Kind regards,

Jayden