General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

How to lower cost of gas bill.

Switched-on

I only use gas for hot water and cooking, however I am wondering if my stove could possibly use so much gas that makes my bill 3 times higher than the average. There are only two people in he household but the stove is an old commercial one with 6 burners and two ovens. Do the pilot lights use much additional  wasteful gas resulting in the excessive bill? Or could it be the hot water that has to travel a long distance prior to reaching the tap? Re the stove

Any suggestions for a solution apart from getting a new stove?

Turning the pilot lights off isn't really feasible.

Judy

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to lower cost of gas bill.

AGL Moderator

Hi 3672Chana! 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

It can be a bit tricky to try and track your usage as we can't see how much gas each gas appliance is using. We've created a Tips page on our website where you can check on how you can track your usage on your end as well as how to reduce your future usage. 

Kind regards, 

-Nam- 

Highlighted

Re: How to lower cost of gas bill.

Switched-on

@-Nam- wrote:

Hi 3672Chana! 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

google street view
It can be a bit tricky to try and track your usage as we can't see how much gas each gas appliance is using. We've created a Tips page on our website where you can check on how you can track your usage on your end as well as how to reduce your future usage. 

Kind regards, 

-Nam- 

Thanks very much for that information.