General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

How to disable AGL text messages

Switched-on

Surprised that this isn't coming up in any search, but I'm trying to work out how to disable the annoying text messages AGL send every month (sometimes multiple times) about upcoming payments. I completely understand texting people if their payment is overdue but I've never been late on a payment.

Sadly there's no way to report it as junk and all I can do on an iPhone is block it but it still shows up in your message list, the block only disables notifications.

And I can't see any way to disable these alerts in the online profile.

Any ideas? I tried calling them a couple of months ago and despite requesting it I am still receiving.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to disable AGL text messages

AGL Moderator

Hi semerton,

Thank you for joining the AGL Community!

This is something that we can arrange for you. Please send me a private message with your account details and I'll be happy to help out however I can!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

I would like to have my reminder messages disabled too. They are annoying and unneccessary.

AGL Moderator

Hi Ash6bc,

To do this, you'll just need to get in touch with our customer service team here.

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.