General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

How long does it take for an account to setup?

Switched-on

I signed up to AGL account 4 days ago but when I login to my account it says 'account setup in progress'. How longs does it take?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How long does it take for an account to setup?

AGL Moderator

Hi Nelson,

Welcome to the Community!

The answer to this question largely depends on why you've opened an account with AGL. Have you moved into a new property, or are you transferred your services over to us from your current energy retailer?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

I requested on the 23/03/2019 my gas account setup (move in). I've been through a painful process of approx 12 calls with the "resolutions team" and AGL is still unable to setup my account with the excuse of not being able to obtain my initial gas meter reads from the distributor, however the distributor has ensured me several times that the meter reads were already sent days ago and that AGL is not telling me the truth.

The "resolutions team" has been of no help, they invent different responses every call and refuse to call the distributor to clarify this situation.

I've also sent photos of the meter readings to the corresponding AGL team with no response (CustomerReads@agl.com.au)

Can you please let me know how to escalate this? I'd like to speak to a manager in the resolutions team, however I've been unable to do so.

AGL you really need to work on accountability from your "resolutions team" members as they just seem to finish the calls as soon as possible so they can get rid of the problem without providing any solution to the customer. 

AGL Moderator

Hi dianamariza,

I'm sorry to hear that your recent experiences with AGL have been so frustrating, though we are appreciative of the feedback. If you can send me a quick private message by clicking on my username (jaydeny) with your AGL account number and email address, I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.