General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

How can I read my digital meter?

Rookie

The associated codes for reading the MK7A2 digital meter on AGL's website are simply wrong according to the installation at my home!

It states code 3 is 'Net export Wh Total' - but this is actually the total import figure from the supply.

It states code 13 is 'Net import Wh total' - but it is actually the total amount of solar feed-in to the supply.

It states code 7 is ''Export Wh Load (Gross Solar in case of PFIT)' - but it is actuially the controlled load tariff 33 for the hot water system.

I needed 2 power consecutive bills to actually work this out.

The other codes (43, 53 and 63') don't seem to correspond to anything logical.

It's taken me ages to figure this - surely I haven't been to only one going insane over it.

If I'm wrong, please explain. If I'm right...this isn't good enough AGL. 

Look forward to any responses.

2 REPLIES

Re: How can I read my digital meter?

AGL Moderator

Hey janflesser,

Thank you for your post!

We're sorry to hear that your meter has been causing your frustration. Just to ensure that we're on the same page, I'd like to direct you to this resource which will clarify what the numbers on your meter correspond with. If you don't find this useful and if you still feel that the numbers you're seeing are incorrect, please send a photograph of each individual screen to me via private message and we'll happy to follow up further!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: How can I read my digital meter?

Visitor

Hi

we have just been updated with a smartmeter 7c how can I tell my usage to allow me to use the read your meter part of the website? I can see the 3 reading and the 13 one but that seems to be all the information it gives me.

cheers John