General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

HW day night switch

Switched-on

We recently bought an investment property for our daughter and her children to rent. Property has a small in the roof HW system. We had to get the electrical board up dated from fuses to safety switches etc, however they have removed the hw day night switch that you can boost your hw when needed. Is this something the electrician should have discussed  with us first before removing or due to board upgrade did it have to be removed? I have one very unhappy hubby that we were not consulted first

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: HW day night switch

AGL Moderator

Hey Cruzasmum,

Thanks for your post!

This sounds incredibly frustrating! If the changes made by the electrician resulted in features of the system being taken away, then this probably should've been addressed with you before the work went ahead. We'd recommend that you contact the electrician directly to discuss this, as you'll be best served by doing so. If there is anything else that you'd like us to look into or clarify, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hello Cruzasmum,

Some of the smart meters allow you to 'boost' your hot water for a couple of hours by pressing a button on the smart meter.

(Typically if your on a controlled load type tariff and it's a good feature in that you don't forget to switch it back)

If you don't have this feature, I'd be requesting that your electrician kindly restore the switch or replace it with a modern equivalent.

Highlighted

Switched-on

Yes, have contacted the electrician, he had forgotten to put in a replacement, all sorted now thank you