General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted
Vin
Explorer

Green button use for hot water

The moderator refers to an earlier answer to explain the green button is pushed and hot water is available in an hour.  What then?  Does the action set up by pressing the green button time out or do I need to push it again to disconnect? If the button is pushed only once to obtain hot water, for how long am I paying peak rate rather than off peak?

Vin

3 REPLIES

Re: Green button use for hot water

Hi @Vin

Thanks for your post. 

We have confirmed that once you have pressed the green 'boost' button on your meter that hot water is then made available for one hour. After this time, it will disconnect. You are only able to use this boost once every 24 hours. This means that you will be charged the peak rate for the hour that the boost is available. 

Hope this helps answer your question. 

Thanks! 

Newcomer

Well that is good to know. This is the first place I have been able to learn anything at all about what the green button does in the 'smart' meter. Does it really revert to the the default state every 24 hours please? Can you confirm that? Also, if my hot water system normally heats up during 'off peak' times, does the green button actually override that?

CatherineG wrote:

Hi @Vin

Thanks for your post. 

We have confirmed that once you have pressed the green 'boost' button on your meter that hot water is then made available for one hour. After this time, it will disconnect. You are only able to use this boost once every 24 hours. This means that you will be charged the peak rate for the hour that the boost is available. 

Hope this helps answer your question. 

Thanks! 

Hi @Wamby

Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologies for the belated response.

You can find answers to these questions, against your other post here. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kindly, Jordan

Recently Solved