General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

Gas heater

Switched-on

I live in an Art Deco unit that has a small original gas heater still in place. I would like to either restore it or, if it is not worth restoring, replacing with a gas heater of similar vintage if possible.Does AGL provide a service whereby AGL assesses whether the heater is safe and useable or should be replaced? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Gas heater

AGL Community Manager

Hi @Gassy , I'm sorry to say that we don't sell or service gas heaters! You might want to look into gas plumbers or heating retailers who could give you some advice.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.
Highlighted

Switched-on

By “Heating retailers” do you mean places like Harvey Norman or Good guys? Any other leads greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

That is correct Gassy, these places should be able to assist, for a comprehensive listing I would recommend googling gas heaters and your suburb to find local retailers near you.

Highlighted

Switched-on

A gas heater is a space heater used to heat a room or outdoor area by burning natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, propane or butane.

Indoor household gas heaters can be broadly categorized in one of two ways: flued or non-flued, or vented and unvented.myaarpmedicare.com