General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Feel ripped off

Switched-on

Just signed up to AGL a couple of weeks ago as they came in cheaper than my current provider, sent me several texts and emails over the period and making a big thing about changing over and how there's only days to go, then today the transition was complete, hooray !!

A little later this afternoon I receive an email stating that AGL have made a mistake and have now changed there rates which is dearer than who I was with, WTF ! 

I had no notification and no choice in this matter and expected to accept the new rates, I thought that in this country I have a choice to decide who I use not to be told that I now have to accept these changes.

This feels like a scam to bring people over to AGL and then hit them up with the new charges using the 'mistake' excuse.

I am going to the ombudsman and will also report to the ACCC for unfair trading.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Feel ripped off

AGL Moderator

Hi 32303230,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention!

Unfortunately this very issue can arise time to time in the event that we have outdated meter information during the quotation process, and I can appreciate how this is an awful way to start your tenure as an AGL customer. I'm happy confirm that there are ways to resolve this and have you billed based on the rates you were originally quoted so please send me a private message with your account details if you'd like us to take a closer look at this.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Hi Jayden,

Thanks for your reply, I would certainly welcome a resolution to have the rates as we were quoted a source this would restore faith in AGL and save us looking for another provider.

Thanks

Matt

FBB
Switched-on

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

I signed up based-on the rates on the site and then received a message a week later from AGL saying meter information blah blah and here are your increased rates. 10% alone for the daily supply charge!

This is a VERY poor way to start the relationship.

I would also like this resolved asap so I get what I originally signed up for. 

Otherwise I will be taking this up with the Ombudsman and look to change my energy provider. Electricity AND gas.

Regards

Unhappy Customer

FBB
Switched-on

Hi Jaydeny, a similar thing happened to me. I emailed AGL to complain but have had no response. Very disappointing. Can you or another AGL moderator assist?

AGL Moderator

Hi FBB,

I'll be happy to help out where I can!

Would you mind elaborating on what has soured your relationship with AGL?

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.