General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Expansion

Switched-on

Hi, I was a loyal AGL customer for many years while living on the Sunshine Coast. I have since moved to Regional Queensland and I am very disturbed by the complete lack of competition in the energy retail market. I now live in the Toowoomba region and as far as Energy providers go I have on choice, ERGON. They have a complete monopoly on the Market as as such can basically charge what they want and they do! What I am suggesting is that AGL starts servicing regional areas to create some competition. I would guarantee, if you entered the Market with reasonable policies, that you would take a substantial share of the Market away from ERGON. I have talked to a lot of people up here and they all say the same thing, ERGON is ripping us off!! We need competition!

Thank you.

Rod Forbes

1 REPLY 1

Re: Expansion - Status changed to: New

AGL Community Manager

Hi @rforbes61 . Thanks for your comments! I've lived in regional Queensland myself and definitely understand your frustration. Competition is good for consumers.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.