General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Electric Hot Water System - Boiling time?

Switched-on

Does anyone able to tell me what’s the time my Electric Hot Water will boil the water? I keep running out of hot water at night after 2-3 shower with a family size of 4.

(p.s) My water tank size is around 1.5m high, not small one. Live in Hurstville (2220).

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Electric Hot Water System - Boiling time?

AGL Moderator

Hi JC1127,

Welcome to the Community!

Assuming you have a 'Controlled Load' register at your property, then your water will heat at one of the following times depending on your configuration: 

• Controlled load 1 - Available for a 6 hour period usually between 10pm and 7am.
  • Controlled load 2 - Available for a 16 hour period each day, including at least 6 hours usually between 8pm and 7am and at least 4 hours usually between 7am and 5pm.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Hi AGL,

i have solar panels and would like to run the controlled power for my hot water heater during the day, is that possible please?

Thanks

Kate

AGL Moderator

Hi Ktb241,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Unfortunately the time of your Controlled Load supply are set by distributor, so these can not be altered. If you require more hot water throughout the day, you may benefit from changing to Controlled Load 2 which'll supply your Controlled Load during night and day.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Solved, thank you

Switched-on
@MyFirstPremierCard wrote:

Hi JC1127,

Welcome to the Community!

Assuming you have a 'Controlled Load' register at your property, then your water will heat at one of the following times depending on your configuration: 

• Controlled load 1 - Available for a 6 hour period usually between 10pm and 7am.
  • Controlled load 2 - Available for a 16 hour period each day, including at least 6 hours usually between 8pm and 7am and at least 4 hours usually between 7am and 5pm.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Many thanks for that complete information!