General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

During which hours is the 'Controlled Load' switched on?

Superconductor

I have a smart meter. Are the times when 'Controlled Load' is active determined by a setting in the meter? How can I check?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: During which hours is the 'Controlled Load' switched on?

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @quarkpower

This will depend on where you located and who is your local distributor. If you are located in Queensland or New South Wales, your invoice will distinguish which controlled load you are eligible for. 

Victoria
Jemena/United Energy/AusNet Services/Citipower/Powercor - Applicable to customers who have separately metered consumption, for example: storage water heaters or thermal storage space heaters. The hours of application are determined by your Distributor.

South Australia
SA Power Networks - Only applicable to customers who have separately metered consumption, for example: storage water heaters or thermal storage space heaters. The hours of application are determined by your Distributor.

Queensland
Energex - Tariff 31 night rate is applicable to customers who have storage water heaters and permanently connected heat banks. It can also be used to boost a solar hot water heater. Electricity supply is made available for a minimum of eight hours per day at times determined by your Distributor.

Tariff 33 controlled supply is applicable to customers who have storage water heating such as electric storage water heaters, solar-electric water heaters and heat pump water heaters. Electricity supply is made available for a minimum of 18 hours per day at times determined by your Distributor.

New South Wales
Endeavour - Controlled Load 1 Applicable to customers who have separately metered consumption, for example: storage water heaters or thermal storage space heaters. Supply is available at this rate for nine hours
overnight, usually between 10pm to 7am, Monday to Friday, as determined by your Distributor.

Controlled 2- Applicable to customers who have separately metered consumption, for example: storage water heaters or thermal storage space heaters. Supply is available at this rate for restricted periods
determined by your meter configuration and not exceeding 17 hours per day.

Ausgrid
Controlled Load 1 - Applicable to customers who have separately metered consumption, for example: storage water heaters or thermal storage space heaters. Supply is available at this rate at hours determined
by your meter configuration for a six hour period usually between 10pm and 7am.

Controlled Load 2 - Applicable to customers who have separately metered consumption, for example: storage water heaters or thermal storage space heaters. Supply is available at this rate at hours determined
by your meter configuration for a 16 hour period each day, including at least 6 hours usually between 8pm and 7am and at least 4 hours usually between 7am and 5pm.

Essential Energy

Controlled Load 1 - Applicable to customers who have separately metered consumption, for example: storage water heaters or thermal storage space heaters. Supply will be made available at these rates for up to
9 hours overnight on weekdays at hours determined by your meter configuration and all hours on weekends except where the load is controlled by a time clock.

Controlled Load 2 - Applicable to customers who have separately metered consumption, for example: storage water heaters or thermal storage space heaters. Supply will be made available at these rates for up
to 18 hours per day on weekdays at hours determined by your meter configuration and all hours on weekends.

Thanks! 

Switched-on

How do I know if AGL have switched off T33 to my pool, or if the pool equipment has failed?

AGL Moderator

Hey 2cats,

Thank you for your post! 

Your Tariff 33 can not be altered remotely, so if no technicians have attended your property and attended to your meter recently it is likely these faults lay within the your pool equipment. If you'd like to double check this, you'll be best served by contacting Energex directly on 131 253.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.