General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

Cost of supply

Switched-on

Good Morning all.....................

I just recently renewed our supply contract for 3 dwelling both electricity and gas after receiving a letter telling me how I am such a good customer and will give us a special discount account. Well, when I read the contract and it had increased in supply costs and a 12% reduction in pay on time discount. Therefore, rang a customers person and after a while finished up with a much better discount for pay on time. The wonderful letter was a piece of advertising if left as was would have increased our cost by 12 to 14 % !!! BUT that is not all, as this was playing on my mind, I looked at two gas bills on the same period middle August 2017 to middle August 2018 and that really gave my heart a start!!! If my mathematics are correct, the peak + Peak next is up 16.33% and the Supply charge is up 24.793% in 12 months !!!!! Can someone tell us what how can this be when the politicians, which cost Turnbull his place, the energy bill talks about savings miniscule sums in this dilemma which is facing us , THE USERS !!!!