Controlled lead - what devices

Brink
Switched-on
1 Reply 10288 Views

I have usage charges for controlled load on my bill but I dont know what devices are connected to 'Controlled load'. How do I identify which services (eg: Hot water or pool) are connected to Controlled Load?

Second question is how do I connect additional services to Controlled Load usage rates?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
-Jenna-
AGL Moderator
3 Replies 10273 Views

Hi Brink,

Thanks for contacting us and being part of the AGL Community.

The Controlled Load register is mainly used for electric hot water, however, some customers do choose to wire separate appliances to this such as pool pumps. Depending on how much hot water you use in the household, we wouldn't recommend hooking up multiple appliances to this register, as you may find yourself running out of hot water. 

If you do want to connect additional services, you will need to contact an electrician.

Kind Regards,

Jenna 

leighbell
Switched-on
0 Replies 10033 Views

@-Jenna- wrote:

Hi Brink, 8 ball pool

Thanks for contacting us and being part of the AGL Community.

The Controlled Load register is mainly used for electric hot water, however, some customers do choose to wire separate appliances to this such as pool pumps. Depending on how much hot water you use in the household, we wouldn't recommend hooking up multiple appliances to this register, as you may find yourself running out of hot water. 

If you do want to connect additional services, you will need to contact an electrician.

Kind Regards,

Jenna 

got it. Thanks for the good advice! I appreciate it.

ivychen
Semiconductor
0 Replies 8697 Views

According to what you said “Depending on how much hot water you use in the household, we wouldn't recommend hooking up multiple appliances to this register, as you may find yourself running out of hot water. ”,the total energy providing by Controlled Load 2 circuit seems a constant. It also seems the newly-plugin appliance have priority over water heaters. So I am just wondering, what does the Controlled Load 2 exactly control? Is that the total circuit current (ampere), in other words, total power (w)?

liamhellen55
Switched-on
0 Replies 1957 Views

Very useful article, thank you very much. I got it. It's great to find your answer, I'm having the same problem and don't know what to do play wordle