General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Contact number for the HR department

Switched-on

Hello
How do I speak to someone directly with in the HR department?
The contact number on the website only gives options relating to acounts - no operators.
I have a job application pending for nearly two months (and the website says my app is "still under review". I was hoping to speak to the recruiter.
Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Contact number for the HR department

Powerhouse

Hi Andrew,

I assume you went via http://www.aglcareers.com.au/caw/en/listing/ in applying for a career with AGL, if so on there you would see a choice as an existing applicant were you would be asked to sign in to see the progress of your application, I would think this the only and correct avenue for contact.

Probably not want you want to hear or see but extremely large companies tend to have protocol to follow, as a past employer myself I found those who deviated from the protocol I set tended to go to the bottom of the file, my thoughts were that if you can’t follow protocol then you may not last long in a job anyway, I’m not suggesting in any way that this is the case for your request for an email addy but these are just my thoughts to help you to see things in a different light. I do wish you good luck in your career path with AGL.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Andrew. Thanks for the post about recruitment! 

We just wanted to let you know that we have passed along your details to our Careers team and they will get in touch with you about your application. 

If you have any other questions, please get in touch. 

Thanks

Semiconductor

Hi I have a similar issue where after successfully completing the recruitment process I received a call asking how long my notice period at my employer and that I would get a confirmation call and a start date with more details in a couple days. That was in 2014, on the careers page that application it still pending. All subsequent applications for similar roles have been rejected in the first round since then. I have tried emailing with no results. Thank you for any help or advice 

AGL Moderator

Hey DanielDV,

Thanks fro getting in touch!

Can we ask if you've sent an email through to careers@agl.com.au?

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

Hi Jayden,

Thank you for the reply, yes I had tried at the time in 2014 and again just a couple months ago after an unsuccessful application when I realised my application from 2014 was still pending. Only recieving the automated response each time.

Kind Regards 

Daniel

AGL Moderator

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for getting back to me!

In that case, I'll ask you to send me a private message including the following information so that I can follow up on this for you.

- Full name

- Email address

- Mobile number

Thanks,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

Hi just a quick follow up to this thread I did receive an email from someone at HR however they did not answer my question or misunderstood and now are not replying to my emails. The issue still remains that I have a outstanding job application from 2014. 

Switched-on

Hello, 

Could i please get a contact number for HR at AGL?