General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

AGL Rewards website not working & AGL Customer Service Rep hangs up on me

Semiconductor

I have attempted to log onto the AGL Rewards website to purchase an eGift card.

• When I goto "www.aglrewards.com.au" I then select "I am an AGL Customer".
  • This then opens up my AGL Online account which I log into. Under the "Manage Account" tab there is a link saying "Visit AGL Rewards".
  • When I select this link it brings me back to the "www.aglrewards.com.au" website. I then select "I am an AGL customer" and it opens up my AGL online account.
  • It then continues in this loop.
  • In the "Contact Us" page it states that the number to reach AGL Rewards is 1300397079.
  • I called this number and it just rings and rings and rings and eventually hangs up without anyone answering it.
  • I then called AGL Customer Service and finally spoke to a person who said they would transfer me to the AGL Rewards section.
  • I asked them to ensure they actually speak to a person from that section first to ensure that I actually get through correctly (as I predicted she would just transfer me to the number that didn't get answered).
  • She said that she would and she placed me on hold for several minutes. Then she just simply hung up.

I guess it was just too hard for her to help with this scenario. Thanks AGL (for nothing)

64 REPLIES 64

Re: AGL Rewards website not working & AGL Customer Service Rep hangs up on me

AGL Moderator

Hey Jay1,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing such difficulty when attempting to make the most of these services.

Once logged into MyAccount, please click the 'Rewards' at the top of your page to the left of 'Manage Account'. Alternatively, you can follow this link. Please ensure that you're not accessing MyAccount using a bookmarked link as this may be out of date, and it may also help to clear your cache.

We'll ensure that your feedback is forwarded for future reference.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

Hi Jayden,

Thankyou for your reply. Following your suggestion, I cleared the cache of my browser and attempted to follow your instructions but it appears my "MyAccount" is a bit different to yours.

After clearing the browser cache, I logged into "MyAccount" via the main AGL website (not via an old link or bookmark). You said to click on "Rewards" to the left on "Manage Account", however the word "Rewards" is not anywhere on the screen at all.

I selected the link you supplied "https://myaccount.agl.com.au/d/rewards" and it led me to the page that I have screenshot below:

Screen Capture.JPG

As you can see, it has a link saying "Visit AGL Rewards" but that just ends up in the loop I was in before, where it takes me to the AGL Rewards site, which then takes me to the MyAccount site etc.

I don't know why this is happening, as I have used AGL Rewards many times in the past, the last time was about a month ago. Are you able to assist in getting this resolved?

Thanks,

Jay1

Semiconductor

I should also mention that I have attempted this in three different browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome and Microsoft Edge) and all have had the same results.

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey Jay1,

Thanks for your reply!

We'll need to jump into your account to take a closer look at why this is occurring as you should definitely have access to the 'Rewards' tab. You can get in touch with our web chat team here, or call through on 131 245 at your convenience. 

Kind regards,

Jayden

Re: AGL Rewards website now t working & AGL Customer Service Rep hangs up on me

Conductor

I’m having the same problem, however I’m new to AGL. I’m also only able to access via Apple iPhone.

when I signed up I was able to browse the rewards but now that it’s moved to my account i just get the page with the message ‘That wasn’t supposed to happen’

I’ve cleared caches, restarted browsers, requested desktop site, using 5 different browsers. 

Is it a known fault that is being worked on?

AGL Moderator

Hey Bigjim,

Thanks for your comment!

We're working on resolving this issue, and we anticipate that these services will be up and running soon.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Semiconductor

Hi Jayden,

I just wanted to report that this issue is now resolved for me. As per your suggestion I contacted customer service via Webchat. She was unable to fix it herself but she did refer it to some technical team.

I don't know whether that team fixed it, or if it was fixed by someone else, but I attempted to log in last night and the Rewards tab was available and I could make a purchase from the AGL Rewards.

Thanks for your assistance.

AGL Moderator

Hey Jay1,

Thanks for letting me know! This is fantastic to hear.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Conductor

Thanks for the update. Still not working for me so Will contact them also,