General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

3rd world services

Semiconductor

Is anyone else having unbelievably bad experiences dealing with AGL. 

We are a corporate customer and we can’t get them to turn the power on at an Adelaide apartment. Not the most difficult of tasks you would assume. We are in day 4 and have had more than a dozen interactions where they demonstrate they have no idea what is going on. They can’t tell you whether electricity is on or off - and they are the power company??? But they charge you extra for “out of hours service” which still doesn’t do anything. And we have a visiting professional from Spain sitting in an apartment with no electricity wondering if Australia is a 3rd or 4th world country. 

Absolutely hopeless and not once have they ever returned a call or kept a promise. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 3rd world services

AGL Moderator

Hey Sscotchm,

Thank you for your post!

You're absolutely correct in suggesting that this should be a difficult task, and in fact, it's the bread and butter of what we do! I'm sorry to hear that such a straightforward request has been made so difficult for you. If the power still isn't on, or if there is anything else that you need to follow up on, you're always welcome to get in touch with our web chat team here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

i clicked on that link. even your chat service doesn't work. the link doesnt connect to chat - it just goes to your website. Amazing. 

Semiconductor

This is what I sent to your website. 

Power for a simple apartment was booked to be turned on Friday.

1. On Friday at approx 6pm the power was not on. We called your AGL help number and was told the power was on. We checked switches everywhere in the dark and nothing worked.

2. We called back multiple times until finally at about 10pm Friday your AGL help number said the power wasn’t on but would be connected before midnight. No explanation as to why AGL can’t tell the difference between on or off.

3. Power wasn’t connected Friday night.

4. Your AGL subsidiary Connect then apologised and told us it would be connected Saturday.

5. When the power was still off late Saturday I called AGL late and was told you didn’t connect power on saturdays despite your subsidiary arranging it.

6. By Sunday I was told it would definitely be connected Monday.

7. Monday morning connect assured us it would be done Monday.

8. It’s now Monday night and I called your AGL number at 5pm ish to be told it would not be today.

9. I was then told I could pay an additional $98 and it would be done today.

10. By 7.30pm it still hasn’t been done.

11. By 5am this morning I got the normal run around. They have no idea what is happening.

What is most frustrating is your staff giving a different story on every call. I would have through electricity is either on or off - there is no 3rd option. And it either is booked for a certain calendar date or it isn’t.

Just book it in and tell your customers when it is going to be on. I lived 6 years in third world countries and your customer care line is up there with the best of nonsense.

I guess we literally just wait in the dark until you guys choose a time and a method to do something or nothing. We have not had one piece of communication from your company other than a confirmation from last week and no doubt a bill for your services.

Ditch the outsourced call centres. It doesn’t work.

AGL Moderator

Hey Sscotchm,

Sorry for the confusion! We'll get that looked into, and I'll ask that you send me a private message in the meantime so that we can get this sorted out for you.

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

I already sent it to complaints@agl.com.au. no response. I wont be sending it to another email. You guys work it out.