Financial Support and Assistance

How can I request more time to pay?

0% helpful (0/3)
‎26-03-2020 01:54 PM

We understand that life doesn’t always go to plan and sometimes you just need a little more time to pay.

AGL offers a range of payment help, including online tools to arrange a payment extension for your bill. Eligible customers are able to apply for payment extension in the Billing tab in My Account by selecting I can’t pay my bill this time. If you’re unable to see this option, you’ll need to get in touch with us via Messaging in My Account or the AGL Energy app. 

Our team can also help you check if you quality for a payment plan via Messaging through My Account. Have your account number and recent bill handy.

For additional other options that might be available to you:

• Eligible customers can log into My Account and manage other payment arrangements, such as instalment plans
  • Check whether you qualify for a payment plan, relief scheme or a government funded concession.
  • Learn more about how Bill Smoothing can help make budgeting easier.
  • If you’re a Victorian residential customer and experiencing temporary or long-term financial difficulty which impact your ability to pay a gas and/or electricity bill, you may be entitled to assistance as part of our Payment Support Victoria program.
  • For NSW, QLD, SA, and WA residential customers, our Staying Connected program provides personalised assistance that goes beyond traditional payment plans. It’s confidential support so you can get back on track with your home energy bill.

Was this article helpful?

Version history
Revision #:
23 of 23
Last update:
‎26-03-2020 01:54 PM
Updated by: