Financial Support and Assistance

Am I eligible for the Service to Property Charge Concession?

No ratings
‎28-04-2020 03:10 PM

You may qualify if you are a Victorian resident. 


For concession households with low electricity usage, this concession provides a reduction to the supply (or service) charge.


If the cost of electricity used is less than the supply (or service) charge, the supply charge is then reduced to the same price as the electricity usage costs.

To be eligible, you must hold one of the following concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card - issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs.
  • Centrelink Health Care Card.
  • Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card - (for recipients of Gold All Conditions, War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions).

A concession can be claimed if:

  • The electricity account is in the name of the concession cardholder,
  • The supply address is the domestic primary residence of the cardholder and
  • The electricity account is billed on a domestic tariff.

The following cards are ineligible for the Service to Property Charge Concession:

  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Victorian Seniors Card
  • "CA" (Carer Allowance) Health Card
  • "FO" (Foster Care) Health Care Card
  • Veterans Affairs White Card for Specific Conditions
  • Veteran Affairs Gold Card Department

For information about concessions visit the Victorian Department of Human Services or contact the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 (toll-free).

Was this article helpful?

Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎28-04-2020 03:10 PM
Updated by: