Financial Support and Assistance

Am I eligible for the Electricity Transfer Fee Waiver?

No ratings
‎28-04-2020 03:11 PM

You may qualify if you are a Victorian resident. 


Applicable electricity transfer fees are waived for eligible concession card holders when there is a change of occupancy at a property.

To be eligible, you must hold one of the following concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs.
  • Centrelink Health Care Card.
  • Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card - (for recipients of Gold All Conditions, War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions).

A concession can be claimed if:

  • The energy account is in the name of the concession cardholder,
  • The supply address is the domestic primary residence of the cardholder and
  • The energy account is billed on a domestic tariff.

The following cards are ineligible for the Electricity Transfer Fee Waiver:

  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Victorian Seniors Card
  • "CA" (Carer Allowance) Health Card
  • "FO" (Foster Care) Health Care Card
  • Veterans Affairs White Card for Specific Conditions
  • Veteran Affairs Gold Card Department

For information about concessions visit the Victorian Department of Human Services website or contact the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 (toll-free).

Was this article helpful?

Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
‎28-04-2020 03:11 PM
Updated by: