Financial Support and Assistance

Am I eligible for an Energy Bill Concession?

100% helpful (1/1)
‎30-06-2020 12:26 PM

You may qualify if you are a South Australian resident. 


The South Australian Energy Rebate recently increased to $231.41 (GST incl) per year or $0.634 (GST excl) per day. The full amount of the concession you are entitled to will be paid through your electricity bills.


To be eligible you must hold one of the following concession cards:

  • A Pensioner Concession Card or DVA Gold Card (TPI, EDA or War Widow).
  • A Centrelink Health Care Card (including a low income health care card).
  • A Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card.

Receive an eligible Centrelink allowance:


You are eligible to claim a concession if:

  • The address for which you are claiming the concession is your principal place of residence.
  • Your name appears on your electricity bill and
  • You are not living with anyone who has an income of more than $3,000 per year, unless they are your spouse/domestic partner/dependant, or they receive an allowance from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

Check eligibility:

Want to check if you are eligible? Try our online tool that helps you find financial assistance options.
Create your action plan here:

How to Apply?

In South Australia the Energy Bill Concession Scheme is administered by the Department of Human Services (DHS). Your application must be submitted to them directly for processing. For more information about eligibility and application forms, please visit the Department of Human Services (DHS) website or call the DHS Concessions Hotline on 1800 307 758. 

Was this article helpful?

Version history
Revision #:
7 of 7
Last update:
‎30-06-2020 12:26 PM
Updated by: