FAQs

How can I protect my information online?

No ratings
‎20-09-2018 09:13 AM

Protect your computer and other devices by keeping your software current and installing anti virus software to keep the criminals away!

• The only way to keep yourself safe is to keep you software current, updating apps and operating systems as soon as updates are released - especially after a security issue has been identified.
  • The updates are released because software vendors are always adjusting their code to keep ahead of the criminals.
  • Software updates are a crucial step in keeping your private information private.

And don’t forget to install anti-virus software on your devices.

Viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware......are just some of the intruders that anti-virus software will stop. Anti-virus software helps protect your computer against most viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other unwanted invaders that can make your computer "sick".

The invaders perform malicious acts, such as deleting files, accessing personal data, or using your computer to attack other computers.

To keep your devices healthy, install anti-virus software. Do some research on anti-virus software but some of the big names in Anti Virus software are Norton by Symantec and McAfee.

Stay Smart Online has lots of good resources on how to protect your information.

Where can I go to get help?

Scamwatch provides information to consumers and small businesses about how to recognise, avoid and report scams.

www.scamwatch.gov.au

Stay Smart Online provides useful information and resources to help you and your family stay safe from cyber security threats. AGL is a proud supporter of Stay Smart Online.

www.staysmartonline.gov.au

Both Scamwatch and Stay Smart Online have an email alert system that you can subscribe to. 

Was this article helpful?

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎20-09-2018 09:13 AM
Updated by: