FAQs

Am I eligible for AGL's Concession Discount?

50% helpful (1/2)
‎19-12-2017 08:20 AM

You may qualify if you are a Victorian resident. 

The AGL concession discount was introduced on 1 January 2016 to help make electricity bills more affordable for eligible customers who are on a Standard Retail Contract with no discounts. A 15% guaranteed discount off electricity usage charges is automatically applied to customer accounts that meet the eligibility criteria listed below. The discount is received in addition to any applicable Victorian State Government concession, grant or rebate.

Eligibility

To be eligible, you must be on AGL’s electricity Standard Retail Contract and are currently receiving a Victorian State Government energy concession on your AGL electricity account. If you no longer hold an eligible concession or are no longer on a Standard Retail Contract, for example you take up a Market Contract Energy Plan, you will cease to be eligible for the AGL concession discount.

How do I know if I am on a Standard Retail Contract?
The back of your bill will list ‘Standard Retail Contract’ as highlighted in yellow below.

SRC-Bill-Sample.jpg

What happens if I am not on a Standard Retail Contract with AGL?
Unfortunately, you will not be eligible to receive the AGL concession discount.

What is the different between a Standard Retail Contract and a Market Contract Energy Plan?
Market Contract Energy Plans are specific gas and electricity offers from AGL. These Energy Plans may offer a higher conditional discount (i.e for paying on time) – it’s not always guaranteed. If you are an AGL customer but did not accept a Market Contract Energy Plan, including where you are consuming energy without contacting us to set up an account, then you are on a Standard Retail Contract. This Energy Plan is governed by the applicable energy regulations.

How do I know if I am eligible for a government concession, rebate or grant?
Please read the information provided below for each concession, grant and rebate to see if you are eligible.

What happens if I no longer receive a government concession, rebate or grant?
You should tell us when you no longer hold a Government concession entitlement or card. Unfortunately, you will no longer be eligible to receive the AGL concession however you may choose a Market Contract Energy Plan that suits your needs.

Who do I contact for more information?
For information about AGL’s concession discount please call 131 245, anytime 24/7.

For information about the Victorian State Government concessions, visit the Victorian Department of Human Services website www.dhs.vic.gov.au/concessions or contact the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 (toll-free).

Was this article helpful?

Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
‎19-12-2017 08:20 AM
Updated by: