Energy Management

Looking for tips or advice on energy efficiency around the home? See what others are doing or share your experience!

Looking for tips or advice on energy efficiency around the home? See what others are doing or share your experience!

Bill Payment Reminders Before the Due Date

PB
Switched-on

I can understand AGL sending Bill payment reminders if payment is  received AFTER the due date. What I don't understnad why I am getting several texts on my phone BEFORE THE DUE DATE reminding me that the bill should be paid otherwise there will be a late fee. I find this a bit insulting considering I always pay my bills IN FULL BY THE DUE DATE. I have never defaulted on a payment nor have I ever made a late payment. I don't recall authorising AGL to text messages to my mobile phone. How can I stop such messages coming through in my phone? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bill Payment Reminders Before the Due Date

Conductor

Hi PB, 

Log in to your My Account - At the top, Click "Manage Account" - On the left sidebar, click "Notifications" and update your preferences under "Communications" & "Energy Insights" sections. If you are still receiving persistent messages, contact the main call centre as they may be scam messages

Re: Bill Payment Reminders Before the Due Date

Switched-on

@CrumpetMetal wrote:

Hi PB, 

Log in to your My Account - At the top, Click "Manage Account" - On the left sidebar, click "Notifications" and update your preferences under "Communications" & "Energy Insights" sections. If you are still receiving persistent messages, contact the main call centre as they may be scam messages

I have sorted notifications not to get SMS reminders but still receive them

Tags (1)