Bill Payment Reminders Before the Due Date

PB
Switched-on
1 Reply 11697 Views

I can understand AGL sending Bill payment reminders if payment is  received AFTER the due date. What I don't understnad why I am getting several texts on my phone BEFORE THE DUE DATE reminding me that the bill should be paid otherwise there will be a late fee. I find this a bit insulting considering I always pay my bills IN FULL BY THE DUE DATE. I have never defaulted on a payment nor have I ever made a late payment. I don't recall authorising AGL to text messages to my mobile phone. How can I stop such messages coming through in my phone? 

4 REPLIES 4
CrumpetMetal
Conductor
2 Replies 11692 Views

Hi PB, 

Log in to your My Account - At the top, Click "Manage Account" - On the left sidebar, click "Notifications" and update your preferences under "Communications" & "Energy Insights" sections. If you are still receiving persistent messages, contact the main call centre as they may be scam messages

Spark
Switched-on
0 Replies 11426 Views

@CrumpetMetal wrote:

Hi PB, 

Log in to your My Account - At the top, Click "Manage Account" - On the left sidebar, click "Notifications" and update your preferences under "Communications" & "Energy Insights" sections. If you are still receiving persistent messages, contact the main call centre as they may be scam messages

I have sorted notifications not to get SMS reminders but still receive them

VinceB
Switched-on
1 Reply 1819 Views

I too get sms reminders sometimes 5 days after I have paid on time. What is wrong with your accounting system that it can't reconcile payment and prevent sending SMS to my mobile?

Spark
Switched-on
0 Replies 1816 Views

Same here. In be phoned and asked not to send reminders but they still come.