Gas bill so high

RafHen
Switched-on
5 Replies 1665 Views

I was surprised to see my gas bill. For few years Now since covid I never cooked but instead rely on delivered food and never used the heater aswell. The only time we use gas is when boiling our coffee which is 3 times a week. Where did they get the gas bill so high.

6 REPLIES 6
John-T
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1659 Views

Hello @RafHen 

You will still be billed your daily supply charge.

Check to see if your gas bill was estimated, If it is estimated like mine was I now send in a meter reading once every week and everything has been good.

If it is not an estimate then you may have a gas leak depending on how high your bill is.

I do not work for AGL but thought I would share my experience with you.

Someone from AGL will get to your post after the weekend is over.

Regards

John

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1656 Views

Hi @RafHen,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

I can see that John-T has already given you a great advice regarding how to check if your meter read is actual and what may contribute to your bill being higher than expected. I can certainly do further checks on your account. I'll send you a private message to let you know how to proceed from here.

Thanks,

-Olgi- 

auxtian
Switched-on
1 Reply 1606 Views

Yep.....I like on the bill it says My Usage compared to last year rather than AGL's charges compared to last year.....my usage is still the same but charges have gone throught the roof.....stuff all this green nonsense, just an excuse to charge everyone more money for less.

auxtian
Switched-on
0 Replies 1605 Views

Because of the green garbage so they can charge more for less......yep solar and wind will save us, if we don't all go broke in the meantime, sending more money to china for their "green" crap.

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1599 Views

Hi @auxtian,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd be more than happy to look into that bill for you and to check that you're on the best plan and rates that we have available at the moment. I'll send you a private message to grab your account details from you, so that I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

-Olgi-

tracyberge
Semiconductor
0 Replies 1316 Views

Gas providers sometimes estimate readings based on previous usage patterns or averages when they are unable to access the gas meter for an actual reading. These estimates may not always accurately reflect your actual gas usage. If you suspect that the bill is based on estimated readings, you can request a meter reading to ensure accurate billing. Providing an actual meter reading can help you avoid overpayment. Donkey Kong