Arrange a disconnection on sold property

Andrew032
Switched-on
3 Replies 4858 Views

Hi, I have been trying to arrange a disconnection, property has been sold, using your online chat, its been over 2 1/2 hours ago I sent my first message and as yet I haven't had one response. If I dont get a satisfactory reply from here I will lodge a complaint via the energy ombudsman.

6 REPLIES 6
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 4853 Views

@Andrew032 

As part of your sale, your electricity, gas, water, and rates were settled and any excess should be in the settlement payment.

This is what the conveyancer does.

From settlement date you do not own the property and the new owner takes over.

You will look silly when you wait three months for the energy ombudsman...

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
Tash92
Switched-on
2 Replies 4799 Views

Hi I would like to disconnect my gas and electricity please 

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 4796 Views

@Tash92,

This cannot be done on these pages you will need to either Chat or Phone to arrange this.

Be aware there are long delays in getting through.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
Th2
Switched-on
1 Reply 4648 Views

Th2
Switched-on
0 Replies 4646 Views

Want to arrange a disconnection

dmarcel09
Switched-on
0 Replies 4558 Views

Hi Neil, thank you for your message. I apologize for any confusion. I understand that the conveyancer handles the settlement process, including the settlement of electricity, gas, water, and rates. I will make sure to follow up with them regarding any excess payments. I appreciate your reminder about the change in ownership after the settlement date. I will take the necessary steps to address any potential issues and avoid any delays. Thank you for your concern. Best regards. Pay by Plate Ma