Recent Budget re:$500 Electricity bill reduction

SKV
Semiconductor
5 Replies 4013 Views

I understand that if I am a holder of a Senior Health Card I am eligible to the recently announced $500 reduction in my bill. Can someone help me as to how to register this card with AGL - currently there is no concession for this card but will be needed by AGL for reduction in my bill by $500.

11 REPLIES 11
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3440 Views

Hi @SKV 

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

The relief package that was announced in federal budget, will start applying to eligible customer's accounts from July 2023. I will send you a private message to grab your account details from you, so I can check if your concession card is applied to your AGL account.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

SKV
Semiconductor
1 Reply 3415 Views

I sent you a reply with my Commonwealth Senior Health Care card. I have had no relly

John-T
Powerhouse
0 Replies 3404 Views

@SKV 

In the AGL Neighbourhood, you will not get a reply from the AGL people helping you until the weekend has passed.

If I post something on the weekend I usually give them a little time to get back to me via PM. 

Depending on workload, accessing data etc could take up to a week.

Hope this helps.

John  

Drach
Switched-on
1 Reply 3277 Views

Interestingly I have been trying to get my Seniors Health Card number updated, and its like walking into a brick wall from AGL?. There seems to be noone who knows about this, Im from NSW and I would have expected thousands of similiar enquiries?

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3252 Views

Hi @Drach

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

If you have a Centrelink Health Care Card, we can certainly add your details as this is one of the eligible Concession Cards in NSW. Commonwealth Seniors Health Card is not eligible for concession in NSW. I'll reach out via private message to help you further.

Thanks, 

-Olgi-

SKV
Semiconductor
1 Reply 3252 Views
I am not in NSW – am in Vic. The $500 announced in the budget is for all states and applies to Senior health care card as well – but AGL has no knowledge of this !!!!!!

Sent from Mail<> for Windows
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3239 Views

Hi @SKV

Thank you for that. Sorry for the confusion, I was replying to someone else's enquiry on this thread regarding concession for NSW.  

We are certainly aware of Government cost of living relief rebate that will start applying from 1st of July 2023 to all eligible customers. In Victoria, residential customers can get $250 per eligible household, plus a one off $250 direct payment through Victoria’s 2023 Power Saving Bonus Payment.

As Seniors health care card is not recognised as part of state government concessions scheme, Services Australia will contact you as a first point of call from July to September to advise of how to apply for the rebate. You can visit the Federal Government website, energy.gov.au for more information on this. 

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

Murat2580
Switched-on
1 Reply 3174 Views

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 2970 Views

@Murat2580 

Did you have a question here??

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.