Incorrect START Gas and Hot water meters readings and incorrect bill

mirk
Conductor
1 Reply 382 Views

I moved in to this property on 15 August 2023, so AGL charged me special meter read (move in) reading for electricity, gas and hot water meters. No issue with electricity, but the GAS and HOT WATER meters readings are incorrect even from the start. I tried to enter my ACTUAL meters readings on 5 October 2023, only to find out that the START readings on my online account (which should be the readings on my move in date, 15 August 2023) were way much higher then actual I took on 5 October. So, I contacted AGL on the chat with photos of my actual readings on the date,  and got a reply that the readings have been fixed. But then I just got my first gas bill today, and the START reads were shown as ZERO for both gas and hot water meters, which cannot be right! This property is about 4 years old and there were previous tenants living here, including the owners. Basically, I am currently being charged usage for the past 4 years whilst I have only been living here for less than 2 months! 

1 REPLY 1
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 362 Views

Hello @mirk, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. 

I'm sorry to hear the experience that you have faced and that the gas start meter read has been ongoing and not yet resolved. 

I can see why this would be alarming, especially after just moving into a property and not having the correct start read on your account. 

We can certainly assist you with your bill, I'll send you a private message so I can grab some details from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie