Electricity pricing from 1/7/23

Warren_Hanley
Switched-on
26 Replies 33061 Views

Hi AGL,

I have just received the new electricity rates that take effect from July 1 and I am absolutely alarmed at the increase!  This, in my opinion is nothing short of “highway robbery”.  I would like someone to contact me with regard to negotiating a better rate.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Warren Hanley

102 REPLIES 102
ColinG
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2053 Views

Supplier is AGL.

[cpj]Regards,
Colin 

[details removed]

PeterHG
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2047 Views
Thanks. What State are you in? Which provider did your switch to? The issue is Solar feed in tariff rate.

(sent from my iPad)
QAZ
Conductor
0 Replies 2047 Views
Origin Go Variable
QAZ
Conductor
2 Replies 2047 Views
NSW. No solar feed-in.
_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2022 Views

Hi there. I absolutely appreciate that the price adjustments have been a shock and hit people hard. These changes are based on factors including wholesale prices, network changes and market conditions. For a more detailed explanation, please check our website here. As Olgi's mentioned earlier, we're more than happy to take a look at your plan and make sure you're on the best one for your circumstances! You can reach out to us all through here

Regards,
Mark.

ColinG
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2015 Views
Hello Mark, the price increases are a huge cost impost to our budget.

Despite the reasons for the increase given on your website it is hard to accept a 36% increase in my price of power when AGL is forecasting a profit of at least double next year- AGL is just gouging!

You might also explain why I am paying a supply charge- you can't have me as a paying customer unless you supply me can you? Therefore the supply charge is rightly your cost not mine. Another gouge- I really do not know how you can get away with this.

How do you justify a 12% increase in the supply charge? Exactly what are you doing to supply my power on July 1 that you were not doing on June 30 that justifies an increase?

You really have a lot of explaining to do!

[cpj]Regards,
Colin Gaetjens

Postal: PO Box 146, Kent Town SA 5071
M. +61 408 825 804
E. cgaetjens@gpvaluers.com.au
UpsetPensionrt
Transformer
1 Reply 2010 Views

Hello Mark,

Do I have a black mark against my name.

Logged into My Account 2 hours ago. AGL Change Plan screen locked up.

Closed and reloaded Safari. Signed out and back into My Account. Same result 

Restarted iMac etc same result 

Clicked on AGL chat, after negotiating my way through the automated maze I was told to wait. That was more than 30 minutes ago

UpsetPensionrt
Transformer
1 Reply 2003 Views

Now more than 90 minutes.

UpsetPensionrt
Transformer
1 Reply 1995 Views

After 2 hours and 15 minutes I had a sort of response but then AGL rep disappeared from online chat. He asked a couple of questions (life support, concession) . I answered straight away, now waiting more than 20 minutes for a response 

UpsetPensionrt
Transformer
1 Reply 1993 Views

Nearly 5 hours since I tried to recontract electricity!!!