Electricity pricing from 1/7/23

Warren_Hanley
Switched-on
26 Replies 33067 Views

Hi AGL,

I have just received the new electricity rates that take effect from July 1 and I am absolutely alarmed at the increase!  This, in my opinion is nothing short of “highway robbery”.  I would like someone to contact me with regard to negotiating a better rate.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Warren Hanley

102 REPLIES 102
UpsetPensionrt
Transformer
0 Replies 2615 Views

Thanks PeterHG

I am checking the market.

Have found a 3 better prices than what was offered to me by AGL when I contacted them.

One of them is on the AGL website for new customers.

AGL Moderator: How long do you need to NOT be a customer before you’re eligible?

One year? One month? One week? One day? One hour? Etc

Adkins8
Conductor
1 Reply 2581 Views

You'll only go onto the default offer if you don't choose a new plan. You can go to your account on the website and click change energy plan and choose one of the other plans.

UpsetPensionrt
Transformer
0 Replies 2567 Views

I went to the Government comparison website and found AGL’s cheapest plan.

I went to My Account on the AGL website. The plans that were available to me did not include the cheapest plan.

I rang AGC to be told that I wasn’t eligible because I was an existing customer!!

Jo77
Switched-on
2 Replies 2523 Views

According to an email from AGL  I have been (unsuccessfully) been trying to find out why my plan is apparently 20% greater than the Current Reference Price.  Through online chat I have been fed all the generic answers about changing plans and keep watching the website because they are changing etc... The Reference Price is not set by AGL but charging a greater price is and so I would like an answer about this. I also notice that the pay on time discount has been reduced.

Anyone have an answer please

pbar
Switched-on
0 Replies 2563 Views

what on earth is the point on linking to plans that are about to have their prices changed in 2 weeks?
this company is unreal

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 2546 Views

Hi @Redeye58,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

We realise in these difficult times customers are concerned about household costs.  Following a decision by energy regulators, prices have increased. This is based on factors including wholesale prices, network changes and market conditions. 

I'll send you a private message to grab your account details from you so that we can ensure that you're on the best offer that we have available at the moment.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

Hartleyvale
Conductor
1 Reply 2548 Views

Just recieved my increase advice...a 70% increase! Laughable AGL!

Hartleyvale
Conductor
0 Replies 2546 Views

FYI Postcode ####

20.63 c/kwh (ex GST) to 34.23c/kwh 

Supply charge up from 68.08 to 100.36

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2501 Views

Hi @Jo77,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

Your rates are set in line with the plan that you have in place. If your plan hasn't been reviewed since the Energy Regulator changes came into effect and since Reference Pricing was put in place, you may find that your rate is higher, however in these cases customers usually have Pay on Time or other types of discounts in place. These types of conditional discounts are no longer part of our plan structure.

We do recommend that you review your plan and rates at least once per year to ensure that you're on the best offer available. You can find our current plans on our website. You can also review or swap your plan any time via AGL My Account or App or by getting in touch with us. 

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

Trish1945
Switched-on
1 Reply 2497 Views

I’m waiting to see this also. Kw rates up 10c from 1/7!