Bill calculation

David-Hill
Switched-on
3 Replies 1051 Views

Why is my latest account an estimate without any solar credit consideration when there is clear access to my meter?

4 REPLIES 4
Reece58724
Switched-on
1 Reply 1042 Views

The cost per unit formula involves the sum of fixed and variable costs, which is then divided by the total number of units manufactured during a period of time. Here is how to find the cost per unit: Cost per unit = (Total fixed costs + Total variable costs) / Total units produced.

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1029 Views

@David-Hill 

David,

Seeing you stated that you have clear access to your meter box, have you checked to see that your Solar is actually working.

A friend of mine had an older system and in the event of power failure you had to start the system again manually.

This is a very good reason as to why people should switch to smart meters. You can see on the App or on your  MyAccount Web page your daily usage and generation.

Most inverters also have a web page and you can log onto this and see live information about your Inverter.

I suggest that you go to the inverter (During day light, when the sun is illuminating the Solar Panels) and look at the display and check that it is indeed generating electricity.

Another method is to check the meter box and if you have two meters, that the Solar Meter is turning during daylight hours, just remember though, the meter may not be turning due to the fact that you are consuming the solar power that you are generating at that time.

I would also suggest that while you are at your meter box, check that you do not have any dropped circuit breakers and reset them if so.

Next to your inverter is normally the procedure to shut down and restart your Solar System,  must be which of course must be done whilst the Sun is illuminating your solar panels and carried out in the correct order.

• First shut down the system
  • Wait a minute or so
  • Start up the system

Now your retailer (AGL in this case) is not responsible for the correct operation of your solar system. If you are not sure or feel unsafe doing any of the above, you can ask a neighbour, friend, family or engage an electrician to assist in resolving electrical issues

If this solves your issue please solve this post and also take the time to show your appreciation of my reply by clicking the Like button.

Cheers Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1025 Views

@Reece58724 

Reece,

I think David is referring to the lack of a Solar feed-in showing on his bill.

Cheers Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1015 Views

Hi @David-Hill, welcome to Neighbourhood. While i'd say how to move forward checking your solar system is working correctly has been resolved, i'll also just send you a private message to take a look at the estimated bill issue. Thanks- Mark.