Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

why have I received an overdue account for a Bill paid by it's due date. Very angry

Switched-on

Received 2 accounts from AGL today. One telling me my gas account was overdue the other to tell me AGL had overcharged me approximately $280.00 for my electricity account in January!  My gas account was paid on time on 29th March and the money came out of my account that day. I paid by Post Billpay and I have my receipt.  I rang to query this and was very upset with the girl  from Account resolutions who answered my call.  She had absolutely no empathy, and told me that Agl had received no money . It is very hard for me to accept this as I have my receipt and the money has come out of my account. She was also very condescending telling me to "have a nice day".  I hope someone can help me with this VERY UPSETTING situation. We are good customers who do not deserve  to be treated like this.  There was even no apology for our overcharge in January..  If  we can't have the confidence and respect of our provider we will certainly be looking for a provider who can.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: why have I received an overdue account for a Bill paid by it's due date. Very angry

AGL Moderator

Hey, Veryangry!

Welcome to the Community!

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, as it's absolutely crucial to the continual improvement in our standard of customer service. Please send me a private message including your AGL account details so that I can follow up on this for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: why have I received an overdue account for a Bill paid by it's due date. Very angry

Semiconductor

Hi @

Tags (1)

Semiconductor

Hi there,

How's your situation going? Did AGL withdraw the repetitive charge?

Cheers,

Conductor

Hello,

My latest gas bill says my bill is overdue or underpaid from last bill, not sure which, it's not clear.

My last bill was due on the 1st April.  I paid the account on the 28th March, it came out of my bank on the 28th March and this latest AGL bill records also that I paid on the 28th March, ie early.

I would private message for help but I can't see where to do that on this page.

I need this to be cleared up as I always pay early and as this current account is due on 2 May the credit needs to be applied before then as I won't be paying for a fee that is incorrectly charged by AGL.

Please advise, thank you.

Tags (2)

Switched-on

I am in same boat, I was over charged after Alinta has offered me 28% discount and AGL asked  e to stick with them for 30% discount while bill has come 75% more. After complaining, it was reduced to 125 from 222.7 which I was happy and paid on the same day through my card. Later on due date, that 222.7 amount was deducted And worse bill on my AGL app says it’s over due. I emailed contact us with explaination and reference to screen shot and no response. How am I supposed to get back my money. These utility companies are robbing us daylight. I am so fed up of wasting my time calling them and fixing things. 

AGL Moderator

Hi Llyn,

I'll be happy to look at this for you. Please send me a private message by clicking on my username (jaydeny) with your AGL account number and address and I'll take things from there.

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

I have logged into my account after receiving an SMS for an overdue payment and discovered the following for my gas account..

Sep-Dec 2018  overdue by one day   I looked further (tab for detailed info) and it said that the payment was overdue by 91 days.  I checked my banking and found that the payment had been paid in December.  Rang AGL and was advised that it was the latest account Jan-March which I had no record of.  I paid this account 2 days ago but faulty info is still on my account when I log in.  I rang again and this time I got a much less helpful person, who said the account was paid, but would not help when asked why my details were so wrong..  I asked for written assurances that my credit rating would not be affected by a wrong 3 month overdue entry but he would not help or pass it on to a higher authority.  Do I need to go to the Ombudsman over this.