Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

unauthorised account closure

Switched-on

Hi 

I received an email stating that Electricity Account is closed....I didn't request or authorise this???

5 REPLIES 5

Re: unauthorised account closure

AGL Moderator

Hey Trout,

Thanks for joining the Community!

If you have not requested this and have not been in touch with any other energy retailers, then this is definitely something that we need to look into further! We'll ask you to get in touch so that we can help.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Same thing happened to me and now i don’t know who my provider is?...Not happy!

Switched-on

The exact same thing happened to me this week. This is such bad service!

To make matters worse, I am currently overseas and not due back for another month so the hours of contact (and cost of phone calls) means I haven't been able to get in touch with someone from AGL. I have emailed but not yet received a response.

1.Some weeks ago I received an email which looked to be from AGL stating that my account would be closed as requested and to click on a link if it was a mistake. Having not requested a closure and not had contact with any energy companies, I assumed it was spam and therefore didn't click on the link. I went into my AGL online account and everything looked normal, I couldn't see any correspondence or notifications to match the email.

2. I received my gas bill via email this week which included a finalisation of account notice.

3. I received my electricity bill via email which DID NOT include a finalisation notice.

4. The next day I received a second electricity bill via email, with a different amount due, different due date AND a finalisation notice.

5. I have emailed twice and sent pictures of the bills but not yet had a response. I think something of this nature should be regarded as urgent and be responded to asap. A friend is currently living in my house while I am away and they know nothing about this either, have not had contact with AGL or any other energy provider. I need to a) ensure the power/gas is not disconnected b) need to find out who, if not AGL, is the supposed current energy provider.

As much as I didn't request my account to be closed and had no intention of changing provider, AGL is about to lose a loyal customer if this isn't sorted out asap.

Thank you in advance.

AGL Moderator

Hey hayleym,

Thank you for your comments!

I'm sorry to hear that you've received very little in the way of a resolution despite numerous attempts to contact us. If you can send me a private message I'll be happy to take a look at things and get back to you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Tags (1)