qld govt utility relief rebate reversed

jay23
Switched-on
3 Replies 8904 Views

Hello Folks, 

This morning AGL reversed the qld govt utility relief rebate reversed ($200) and debited the amount from my account without informing me. Did anyone else face the same issue. I checked the government website and didn't find any information regarding the QLD Govt revoking the rebate. 

https://www.qld.gov.au/community/cost-of-living-support/concessions/energy-concessions/covid-19-hous...

5 REPLIES 5
Ellen1
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 8903 Views

Hi Jay23! 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

There has been an ongoing issue with the credit being reversed automatically which is why we have placed holds on all QLD accounts affect, our concessions team are working through these as quickly as possible to get the credits back to where they came from, however as I am sure you can appreciate it is a big job. 

If you are concerns as your account is now owing, just touch base with our messaging team who will be able to hold the balance until this is resolved. 

Thank you 

Ellen

Serbear
Switched-on
1 Reply 8782 Views

Hi,

My rebate amount was reversed as well now saying I owe money on my bill and have to pay it by the 14th July.

jay23
Switched-on
0 Replies 8778 Views

I got the below response from AGL:

Welcome to AGL Community! 

There has been an ongoing issue with the credit being reversed automatically which is why we have placed holds on all QLD accounts affect, our concessions team are working through these as quickly as possible to get the credits back to where they came from, however as I am sure you can appreciate it is a big job. 

If you are concerns as your account is now owing, just touch base with our messaging team who will be able to hold the balance until this is resolved. 

Thank you 

Ellen

Paraty
Switched-on
0 Replies 8674 Views

My Visa card is used by AGL to auto pay my account on time, last week $200 was deducted from the credit card account without my permission and without ANY notification, this in any other arena would be called credit card fraud but because it is AGL it apparently is a mistake. AGL is not authorised to dip into my credit card anytime they feel like it. I was told on Friday 3/7/20 by a rep that the credit would be returned overnight, still hasn’t happened. This is the very reason you DO NOT hand over your credit card details to these corporate giants. Beware!

hitman002761
Switched-on
0 Replies 5180 Views

Hi all,

I just had this issue occur today and I was advised by the resolution department that it was an administrative error that was currently being resolved and the issue should be fixed by next week.

Thank you,

David.