Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

payment proccessing fee

Semiconductor

I wish to know why the payment processing fee is there at all? I also wish to know why it varies. eg last three electricity accounts the fee varies  from $0.07, to $0.93 to $1.86

The last three gas accounts it varies from $0.81 to $4.01 to $2.93

What is going on? The accounts are always paid on time with direct debit Why are you charging us to pay our account?

What other hiddent fees are there? I will continue to search

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: payment proccessing fee

AGL Moderator

Hey jc4me,

Welcome to the community!

Our payment processing fee is a fee of up to 0.45% (GST inclusive) which may apply to any payments made using a credit card. You can find further information about this fee, as well as additional information about your direct debit arrangement by following this link: aglener.gy/DirectDebit.

Thanks for being engaged!

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

So is this 0.45% calculated on the total amount due for the account? 

AGL Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, jc4me!

The 0.45% is calculated based on the total payment made. E.g. the payment processing fee charged for a payment of $100 would be $0.45.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Semiconductor

Well, in that case, why is the fee more when the account total is less? And will this fee be reduced in line with the Government direction that fees for credit cards should be decreased this September (news release 1st Sept 2017, Eftpos, credit card surcharges: Excessive fees to be banned across all businesses)

AGL Moderator

Hey jc4me,

At this point in time, there are no forecasted changes to our fees. However, if this does happen, we'll be sure to let our customers know!

If you'd like to enquire about a specific fee that has been charged against your account, and which payment this relates to, you'll need to contact our web chat team at aglener.gy/ChatCom.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @jc4me

You have asked some poignant questions here and I hope that you were able to get the answers you wanted.

I wanted to add to them and let you know that a payment processing fee will be charged with your direct debit when you choose to pay with a MasterCard or a Visa. This reason behind this is because AGL is charged a merchant services fee from your financial institution. This is when any card is used through this credit card processing facility. The way that this fee is made up has already been explained to you, and if you would like to dispute any of those fees please let us know. 

That being said, there are a number of ways that you can avoid this fee when paying your bills with us! If you have a PayPal account, you can pay your bills using any card (even AMEX) and you will not be charged a fee from AGL. You could also use BPAY to pay your bills directly from your account where no processing fee would be involved. You will see all these options when you log into your account here: myaccount.agl.com.au.

I hope this information reaches you well, and please let us know if anything else comes up 🙂

Cheers, Jordan

Tags (2)

Switched-on

I just going to change providers if any of them keep charging these obscure fees,,,i.. I just changed from AGL after many years and I will change again its just pure greed I don't care if its a few cents when you multiple that by thousands of customers there's a bag full of cash for you