Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

gas bill complaint

Switched-on

Hi,

I'm writing because of a concern I have with my gas bill. I believe I was being overcharged again. Here's a brief history of how I was billed.

Initially I was on monthly billing so I got my first bill amounting to 166. I felt it was too high as we only use gas for cooking and hot water. But since it was just an estimate reading I paid for it anyway expecting that the next bill will balance it out since it will be an from an actual reading (I switch to quarterly billing after this).

After 2 months the second bill came charging me 184 which includes a 55 balance from previous bill meaning my first month month's consumption is 221 and next two months is 129. I asked how in world can that be possible that a month of consumption can be almost double the next two months total. Regardless, I paid the whole 184 billed to me and didn't bother following up as I don't want to put up with the hassle and stress.

Now my current bill came charging me 274 and again including a balance from the previous bill saying I was undercharged still by 94. I find this really ridiculous now. If you take out that 94 from my bill then it will just be 180 for the 3 months covered by the current billing period which is an average of around 60 per month. This validates the 129 charged to me the previous bill for 2 months which will be around 65 per month. so I firmly believe my average monthly consumption is around 60-65 only. Now are these carry overs coming from?

Honestly this is getting tiring. I don't want to put up with this everytime I get my bill. And based from my previous bills there's a high probability that I will be charged extra again next time. I just want to pay what I actually consumed which is 180 and have my account cancelled. Please if I could have this process done smoothly for once I'd be very much thankful.

1 REPLY 1

Re: gas bill complaint

AGL Community Manager

Hi @lchua ,

Sorry you've encountered so many frustrations in getting this sorted out. Although we can't really deal with account-specific problems like this here on the community, I'd recommend that you drop in a complaint using the form here (copying the same explanation you've provided in your post): https://www.agl.com.au/contact-us/more-help/feedback/complaints, and the Resolutions team should be able to investigate for you.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.