Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

excess usage

Switched-on

My current bill seems excessively high, for the same period when I had no solar it was less than it was this year, and as I live on my own, haven't changed the LED lights usage, the amount of times I use appliances I find it difficult to see why.   According to the lesser bill I used 'less than 1 person' and this bill is '5 plus people',   What do I do to look into it?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: excess usage

AGL Moderator

Hey TMB,

Thank you for your post!

We always recommend that our customers begin by checking the 'quality' of their metering reading on the second page of their bill to verify if their bill is based on an 'Actual' read or an 'Estimated' read. If you have a smart meter, you can also log in online here to review your usage data for the past three months which can provide with some insights as to which day and at what time you've used the most electricity. This can help identify a particular appliance, or appliances, that are perhaps using more electricity than anticipated!

If you feel you need further assistance at any time, you're always very welcome to get in touch with our web chat team here!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.