email and bill

Barney
Switched-on
2 Replies 2966 Views

Hi AGL,

I just received a letter from you, signed by Anthony Sinclair to inform me that my bill was not delivered because of a problem with my email. I received an email on the same day that letter is dated. 

I’m not sure if this letter is a scam or you are not good with computers and do not have competent personal to know when email was delivered. As I’m trying to have some business with AGL, I hope it’s a scam.

2 REPLIES 2
Ellen1
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2963 Views

Hi Barney, 

Welcome to AGL Community. 

I understand that situation would be concerning, especially with all the scams around these days. I am glad that you have now received a copy of your bill. 
When we have issues with issuing bills the first time we automatically issue the letter to keep you in the loop of what is happening with your account, in your situation it sounds like the second attempt to send the invoice was successful leading to this confusion. 

Of course if at anytime you are concerned that there may be an AGL related scam that you are being targeted with feel free to let us know here so we can get on top of that asap. 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Ellen

jackmcd
Switched-on
0 Replies 740 Views

I just received an email saying that I should confirm my direct debit details. It addressed my as "Dear Customer". I immediately identified it as a scam and I deleted it. With the new bill format coming it is worth to be extra careful about scam emails. The best way to check is to hover over any link and check it is not form strange website.

Cheers,

Jackmcd