Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

electricity bill tripled for the month

Switched-on

I was living in a tiny one bedroom unit with only 6 outlets in the entire house, My first 2 monthly bills averaged around @$120, $140. My third bill was a bit high at $330 but I thought that was due to running multiple heaters and stuff during winter. But Recently I moved and every powerpoint has be switched off for at least 2 weeks now. Yet upon receiving my final bill for the address It has stated that I owe $480 and have used 1'688Kwhs for a ONE PERSON unit, average 5 person households in the area average at around 590Kwhs. How has this happened?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: electricity bill tripled for the month

AGL Moderator

Hey Kurtm16,

Welcome to the community!

We can understand that nobody likes to receive a higher than expected bill, and this is something that is worth looking into further!  So that we can jump into your account and have a look around, you'll need to contact our web chat team at aglener.gy/ChatCom, and we'll be more than happy to help in any way we can!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: electricity bill tripled for the month

SG1
Switched-on

@Kurtm16 wrote:

@I was living in a tiny one bedroom unit with only 6 outlets in the entire house, My first 2 monthly bills averaged around @$120, $140. My third bill was a bit high at $330 but I thought that was due to running multiple heaters and stuff during winter. But Recently I moved and every powerpoint has be switched off for at least 2 weeks now. Yet upon receiving my final bill for the address It has stated that I owe $480 and have used 1'688Kwhs for a ONE PERSON unit, average 5 person households in the area average at around 590Kwhs. How has this happened?

SG1

Sounds like they havent read your meter just Billed you an estimate . You need to get this fixed by AGL