Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

credit balance refund process

Switched-on

Recently, I closed my agl account, it shows I have 124.58cr. So I called the customer service asking how can I get the refund. The staff told me that I can just provide the bill and my bank account info by email to payments@agl.com.au, and once it has been granted I will receive the refund in 14-16 business days. Is that true? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: credit balance refund process

AGL Moderator

Hey futurebeardan,

Thanks for your post!

The most efficient way you can request a credit balance refund is to contact us

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Switched-on

I disagree that contacting agl is the most efficient way to get a refund. The very best most efficient way is for agl to automatically refund all credits. Agl is not a bank. Why are agl hanging onto people's  money? I could take a stab at an answer but i think its obvious. Agl, please return all credits to their owners. I have to call you every 3 months to get my money. Why? You have direct debit for customers, why dont you do direct credit for yourselves. Customers will love that instead of being annoyed.

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Powerhouse

VikingOz,

Please refer to this LINK in regard to getting solar refunds from AGL.

I disagree that ALL CUSTOMERS WANT AUTOMATIC REFUNDS.

We enjoy the fact that we have a credit, we for the last 12 months have not had a bill that actually had an amount owing.

We track our usage for water and electricity, in SA, we have to pay an emergency services levy each year and of course, we have our council rates.

Each fortnight we pay the amounts due on Payday.

This fortnight (Thursday) we will pay

Water $27.00 (Projected bill is $188.83)

Electricity -$15.00 (Projected bill is -$84.09)

ESL $5.00 (Projected fee is $120.00)

Council Rates $90.00 (Projected Rates are $2100 as council have not declared them yet)

We have a credit on all the accounts and can afford not to pay any of the next statements when issued. Giving us quite a good buffer should we need it.

By the way AGL are in the process of issuing us an AUTOMATIC REFUND of $600 from our electricity account which will still leave us with nearly $80 credit towards our projected -$84.00 next bill.

This bill of course will be greater than the -$84.00, as we are getting more and more sunlight each day.  Last year it was a $136.23 credit but we had quite a few overcast days.

In fact I just added the data for yesterdays electricity usage to our Billing Calculator and our projected Electricity Bill is now -$93.23 and have to pay -$16.00 off the projected bill.

Cheers

Neil